Stanley keeper Elliot Parish gave a Man of the Match show – but he couldn’t stop the Reds slipping to a 1-0 loss at promotion chasing ten-man Luton.

Parish was superb, denying the Hatters from close range a number of times before he was beaten by a fluke goal in the 75th minute from Cameron McGeehan.

Luton were reduced to ten-men on 81 minutes when Jordan Cook was shown a second yellow card and then it was agony when Christian Walton pulled off  two last gasp saves – one to deny Rommy Boco the leveller.

The first real chance fell to Luton’s Alex Gilliead on eight minutes as he tested Parish from the edge of the area but the Stanley keeper was able to push it away.

Boco was lively for Stanley firing one effort over the bar and linking up well with Terry Gornell on 21 minutes but a late tackle denied the former Benin international a shot at goal.

There wasn’t much between the teams with goalmouth action limited in the first half-an-hour but then, on 32 minutes, a Gillead back heel found the inrushing McGeehan and his effort hit the crossbar and bounced out much to Stanley’s relief.

The Hatters came close again minutes later when Jack Marriott fired narrowly over the bar.

The home side were piling on the pressure with Parish pulling off a stunning double save on 38 minutes to keep out Glen Rea from six yards out and then the stopper dived low to his left to keep out Marriott’s close range effort.

Stanley started the second half well, pressing Luton and Walton had to be alert to a number of balls into the box.

However it was Luton who hit the crossbar again with Alan Sheehan’s 67th minute free kick hitting the underside of the woodwork with sub Isaac Vassell’s follow-up kept out by Parish.

As the game went from end to end, Stanley couldn’t covert in a goalmouth scramble while Gornell had a shot from distance which was comfortable for Walton.

Parish produced a wonder save to keep out a Scott Cuthbert header but he couldn’t keep out McGeehan’s strike  bobbled over the keeper and into the net on 75 minutes.

Luton’s Cook was shown a second yellow card on 81 minutes after a challenge on Matty Pearson as the Hatters were reduced to 10-men.

Stanley pressed with Walton denying Boco and the Reds having an effort cleared off the line in injury time with the Luton goalie producing another superb save.