A last gasp double from substitute Rommy Boco gave Stanley a 2-1 win in their first league meeting with Blackpool.

The Benin international cancelled out Michael Cain’s 80th minute free kick with an 88th minute penalty before sweeping home in the final minute of added time to turn things around.

It was a frenetic finish to a game that had started slowly with three changes each for two teams looking to find form in League Two.

The visitors made two presentable early chances, with former Seasider Elliot Parish parrying from Jamille Matt before turning a 20 yard effort from the left foot of Brad Potts round the post for a corner.

Stanley had less joy testing Sam Slocombe in the Blackpool goal, with Terry Gornell denied inside the area by Clark Robertson before moves involving Scott Brown and Sean McConville brought no threat to the goalkeeper.

The Reds did have the ball in the net on 29 minutes when McConville was wonderfully threaded in, latched onto the ball and nutmegged the keeper but there was no time for celebration as the offside flag was raised.

Seamus Conneely hammered one over the top as Stanley looked to make the most of their most dominant spell of the first half before Gornell guided a header from Zak Vyner’s cross narrowly wide.

The final opening of a quiet first 45 minutes came for the Seasiders, with Potts guiding a header from Andy Taylor’s corner well wide from a good position inside the box.

The second half started in a similar vein, with Slocombe tested early before Parish saved well from Jamille Matt.

Soon it was the turn of the Seasiders to have a goal disallowed, with former Red Tom Aldred’s header from a Jack Payne corner seemingly touched on the line by a player in an offside position.

Now the game had opened up and Slocombe produced a terrific one handed save to deny McConville before sub Gary Taylor-Fletcher headed wide for Stanley and Jordan Clark forced another save from the keeper.

Blackpool took the lead ten minutes from time with substitute Cain curling a free kick round the wall and beating Parish at the near post.

Moments later Parish’s point blank parry from Potts proved crucial, as Stanley promptly won it.

Boco levelled from the spot, with ref Andy Haines spotting an infringement in the box and awarding a penalty. The forward drilled his kick low and left and Slocombe’s hand couldn’t keep it out.

There was still time to win it too, with Taylor-Fletcher finding McConville in the 94th minute and he was able to pick out Boco to stab home his fifth of the season and give the Reds a dramatic three points.