Stanley brought a point home from Brunton Park after a battling 1-1 draw with Carlisle United.

Billy Kee gave the Reds the lead only for Nicky Adams to level seven minutes later.

The hosts started well and had the best of the early exchanges, forcing Stanley onto the back foot.

Defender Michael Raynes saw a header deflected wide for a corner for the Cumbrians before hitting an effort wide from Tom Miller’s knockdown.

Set pieces were proving fruitful for Keith Curle’s team and a short corner was played to Danny Grainger 14 minutes in, his shot from the edge of the box clattering back off the Stanley bar.

The Reds aimed to respond, twice crafting chances from Sean McConville corners. The first brought a free header for Seamus Conneely guided high and the wide and the second saw Matty Pearson nod over.

Largely though it was home pressure, with Jabo Ibehre outmuscling Janoi Donacien and screwing a shot wide before Aaron Chapman saved superbly from Raynes when the centre back guided Jamie Devitt’s cross goalwards.

That save meant it was 0-0 at the break and it was roles reversed for the start of the second period with John Coleman’s side to the fore. Kee had the first shot on target with a daisy cutter before opening the scoing 12 minutes into the half.

It was the culmination of a fine move with John O’Sullivan finding Rommy Boco on the right and his cross despatched by Kee clinically from inside the six yard box.

The Reds might have had another when super skill from Pearson led to a right wing cross that was flicked by Kee but beyond all his colleagues.

As it was Carlisle were soon level, the impressive Nicky Adams cutting in from the left and finding the right corner of the net from outside the area to make it 1-1.

Scores level again both sides set about finding a winner, with McConville firing a free kick wide as Stanley looked to find the net.

But Stanley were left grateful to Chapman who made a brilliant late double save to prevent Reggie Lambe from winning the game late on.