Accrington Stanley put four goals past Crawley Town in an action packed thriller at the Wham Stadium.

The Reds came back from a goal down at half-time to put the visitors to the sword thanks to goals from Billy Kee, Matty Pearson, Seamus Conneely and Piero Mingoia.

Shay McCartan and Jason Mooney will also be suspended for the match against Carlisle after they both received red cards around the hour mark.

John Coleman’s men were aiming to get back into winning ways after falling to defeat at Carlisle last weekend and that showed in the early stages.

Defender Pearson rose to highest to win Sean McConville’s corner, but his unmarked header looped into the grateful hands of Crawley goalkeeper Paul Jones.

Despite having more of possession in better areas of the pitch, Stanley fell behind halfway through the opening 45 minutes with Gwion Edwards opening the scoring.

A wayward shot by Simon Walton fell kindly for Edwards to turn and shoot well from the edge of the area. The Welshman’s effort took a slight deflection on its way towards the top corner and past Ross Etheridge in the Accrington goal.

Stanley were unable to get back on level terms before the half-time whistle in a frustrating spell of pressure before the break.

Joe Wright went forward in search of a goal but the defender headed his effort straight at Jones from McConville’s cross to the far post.

Whatever Coleman said during the interval seemed to work wonders as a new lease of life swept through the home side and resulted in Kee finding the net.

Brad Halliday and Matt Crooks combined well three minutes after the restart and the latter managed to get a shot away that was poorly dealt with by the Crawley ‘keeper.

Jones’ parry away fell  into the path of Kee and the striker tapped home from three yards out for an eleventh goal of the season.

The momentum swung into Stanley’s favour and the Reds started to grow in confidence with every venture forward on goal.

Midfielder Crooks tried his luck again from far out with a low driven effort, but narrowly missed the target with Jones scrambling towards the corner.

A brawl overshadowed part of the second-half as a late tackle from McCartan on Jon Ashton sparked a coming together between both sets of players.

The attacking midfielder was given his marching orders by referee Andy Haines, while substitute goalkeeper Mooney and Crawley’s Walton saw red for their involvements in the disagreement between the sides.

Accrington responded the greater to going down to ten men and found a second goal ten to take the lead for the first time.

Central defender Pearson found himself in the unlikely position of one-on-one with just the goalkeeper to beat, before showing the precision and nerves of a lethal front man to send the home crowd into raptures.

With just minutes remaining, skipper Conneely added more gloss to the scoreline with a low piledriver from 25 yards out.

The midfielder hit a first time effort into the corner to score his first goal of the season and was closely followed by a fourth by Mingoia on the breakaway in the final minute of injury-time.

Starting line-up: Etheridge; Halliday, Wright Pearson, Buxton; Conneely, Crooks (Boco 90′); Mingoia, McCartan, McConville (Procter 90′); Kee

Subs not used: Mooney, Davies, Wakefield, Brown, Gornell