There are only limited spaces left for the National Citizen Service (NCS) 2016 Spring trip.
NCS is a once in a lifetime opportunity for all 16 & 17 year olds in England that builds your skills for work that employers look for in young people as well as life skills, whilst meeting new friends.
NCS teaches many skills and attributes that will you get ahead in life and we strongly encourage everyone to get involved and have the time of your life. The NCS is approved by UCAS and is in its fourth year of running. Young people from nearly 3,000 schools have participated and it’s our ambition to ensure as many young people as possible benefit from the programme. This spring’s NCS consists of 5 parts:
- The NCS kicks off with an Info evening at the football club on Tuesday 5th April 2016 @ 18:00pm & bag drop on Saturday 9th April (time to be decided). This gives you an opportunity to ask any questions and we will be providing you with important information ready for the residential.
- They then spend time away from home at Kepplewray in the Lake District enjoying instructor-led group activities such as kayaking, rock-climbing and mountain biking. A coach is provided, leaving from ASFC at 10am on Sunday 10th April. Returning on Wednesday 13th April at approx 12pm.
- The second phase is the planning for social action. As soon as they get back from the residential the groups will be planning for their community project for the social action. (Wednesday 13th April 12pm- 4pm, Thursday 14th April 10am-4pm, Friday 15th April 10am- 3pm @ASFC)
- Community Action, it’s time to make their team project happen. Projects range from raising money for a chosen charity, raising awareness of local issues, or regenerating public spaces. The groups plan when and where this will take place.
- Finally, they graduate – receiving a certificate signed by the Prime Minister. And as part of the NCS Graduate programme they get access to unique opportunities to continue volunteering and stay connected to each other and their local community. (TBC @ASFC)
DON’T MISS OUT! REGISTER YOUR INTEREST NOW!! http://www.stanleytrust.co.uk/get-involved/