Accrington Stanley Community Trust is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated individual to the full time role of Marketing and Communications Administrator.
- Title: Marketing and Communications Administrator
- Salary: £14,000 – £15,000 (permanent contract plus pension scheme, expenses and bonuses)
- Reporting to: Community Manager
- Location: Accrington Stanley Community Trust Offices
- Hours: 37.5 Hours per week
- Date: January 2016
- Job Summary (The main purpose of the job)
Accrington Stanley Community Trust is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated individual to the full time role of Marketing and Communications Administrator. This role requires the job holder to be involved in the marketing, communications and administration of a wide range of community work. The administration part of the role sees you as a vital member of the company and as such your job will involve you supporting other members of the team. Your job is to perform your duties to enable the development staff to focus on core elements to ensure delivery of the community business plan. You are also required to be involved in a variety of other projects the Trust deliver. There is a minimum requirement for the holder to have a full valid UK driving licence with business insurance.
Working as part of a team your duties will include;
- Providing all the administrative aspects to the department including co-ordinating bookings on activities and preparing registers for community provision.
- Processing requests and reporting on player appearances in line with the Football League and Professional Footballers Association (PFA) requirements.
- Managing the community databases.
- Managing the community scheme’s ‘views’ and ‘salesforce’ monitoring and evaluation systems and ensuring project statistics remain up-to-date in order to produce timely reports for funders.
- Oversee the marketing and advertising of the Trusts activities.
- Support the community staff with the promotion and delivery of various events/activities.
- Liaising with the clubs media department for match day programme articles and other relevant publications.
- Be responsible for the administration of the Trust website and Social Media.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers/supporters and be the point of contact for community services/activities.
We require someone with relevant previous experience who is highly computer literate (MS Office – Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint) and has exceptional customer service skills. A professional phone manner and clear diction are essential as the job holder is required to liaise directly with the public on a daily basis.
- GCSE in English and Mathematics Grade C or above
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Good Keyboard skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation.
- General Office experience.
- Being able to work as part of a team.
- Driving Licence and access to a car
- Previous experience of working with children
- Educated to degree standard
- Sports coaching qualifications
How to Apply
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: Thursday 28th January 2016.
Interview Date: Monday 1st February 2016.
Accrington Stanley Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment. This role involves work with young people and is subject to Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks. Clearance through The FA CRB system is required. As such this post is exempt for the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the applicant must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions. Two references will also be required. Applicants will, in addition be expected to undertake training appropriate to the role.