Two goals in five second half minutes gave Stanley victory at Cambridge United and kept them among the pacesetters in League Two.

The Reds trailed 2-1 at the break and hadn’t shone at the Abbey Stadium but quick-fire goals from Tom Davies and a Josh Windass penalty turned the game around as Stanley continue to impress on their travels.

They did however have to overcome a slow start when, on 13 minutes, Stanley failed to clear their lines following a free kick, Leon Legge headed the ball on and striker Barry Corr found the bottom of the net from around 10 yards out.

Cambridge went on the hunt for a second and debutant Ben Williamson wasn’t far off with a strike which curled just wide of the far post.

Stanley were off the pace but found their feet through Sean McConville on 29 minutes. He got the ball on the edge of the area and the winger made space for himself and found the top of the net with a superb finish.

Almost immediately Williamson had a chance to put the home side back in front but he fired narrowly wide from six yards out.

However Cambridge retook the lead on 36 minutes when, after decent build up on the right, captain Luke Berry’s long range effort squeezed into the bottom corner of the net.

Corr should have got a third for Cambridge with a free back post header but Jason Mooney got a hand to the ball to keep it out while McConville fizzed a ball across the face of the goal just before half-time but no one was there to capitalise.

Stanley came out with purpose after the break and levelled the scores four minutes after the re-start. A Windass corner was dropped by keeper Chris Dunn and defender Davies pounced to fire home the second leveller – his first Football League goal.

And then on 53 minutes, after Billy Kee was pushed in the box, Windass made it ten for the season by firing home the resulting penalty to give the Reds the lead for the first time.

Piero Mingoia almost came close to adding a fourth but Dunn denied him as the game became heated with the Reds finishing with four bookings.

Cambridge then pressed for the equaliser and Harrison Dunk forced a superb save out of Mooney while, at the other  end, Kee could have made it safe but sent a free header over the bar with five minutes left. Stanley though had done enough to secure another win.