Accrington Stanley recorded back-to-back defeats for the first time this season following a seven goal frenzy at home to AFC Wimbledon.

Lyle Taylor and Dannie Bulman both scored braces for the away side and secure a first win on the road for the Dons since August.

Billy Kee gave John Coleman’s side a two goal lead within ten minutes before Wimbledon showed composure in front of goal by taking their limited chances.

Sean McConville did restore the Reds’ lead after Bulman and Taylor brought the Dons back level, but the pair scored again either side of half time to seal a second successive defeat for Accrington.

Stanley couldn’t have wished for a better start to the match as Kee opened the scoring within the first five minutes.

Winger McConville looped a pass over Wimbledon’s backline perfectly for the striker to find the bottom corner with a well struck volley.

The lead was doubled just minutes later with the same combination extending the lead for the home side.

A wide free kick from McConville was whipped towards the back post before finding Kee to head home his fifth league goal of the season.

The Dons responded well to going two goals behind and were able to pull a goal back with their first chance of the match.

A long throw into the area wasn’t dealt with and fell kindly to Bulman to score with a driven effort from the edge of the area.

The visitors began to dominate after the goal and found an equaliser halfway through the first half.

George Francomb found Taylor with a cross aimed towards the near post and the striker fired home from close range.

The goals kept coming with every attack and McConville didn’t disappoint when given the opportunity to give John Coleman’s side the lead for the second time.

A swift counter attacking move from Stanley resulted in a third goal for the home side with captain Terry Gornell picking out McConville inside the area before the winger finished well past Wimbledon goalkeeper Ben Wilson.

As the interval approached Wimbledon fought back and scored a second equaliser through Bulman with a clinical finish from ten yards out.

Two changes for Accrington at half time helped the side revert back to their usual 4-2-3-1 formation.

Josh Windass moved further forward following Coleman’s tactical tweak and was able to find more space in dangerous areas of the pitch.

The attacking midfielder wasn’t closed down by Wimbledon and the 21-year-old fired just over with a shot from well outside the area.

Wimbledon didn’t create many chances, but were clinical in their approach. Taylor gave the visitors the lead for the first time in the match with a great piece of skill and finish from a tight angle on the hour mark.

Stanley pressed to find a fourth, throwing more players forward and taking risks in defence, but the away side held strong.

Piero Mingoia had a deflected effort well saved by Wilson in the Dons’ goal after some fine work by Windass to create the chance.

Substitute Gerardo Bruna almost scored a sensational late equaliser with a free kick in stoppage time, but Wilson was again at hand to deny the home side a point.

Starting line up: Mooney; Halliday, Winnard (Procter 45′((McCartan 82′)), Wright, Pearson;  Mingoia, Windass, Conneely, McConville; Gornell (Bruna 45′), Kee

Subs not used: Etheridge, Barry, Hazeldine, Mohamed