Two goals in a minute from Josh Windass and Matt Crooks put Stanley on their way to a third successive win against 10-man Crawley.

Windass fired home from the penalty spot on 45 minutes after he had his legs taken in the area by Luke Rooney who saw red for the challenge.

The frontman dusted himself down to score his fifth of the season – his third from the spot – to give the Reds the lead.

And in injury-time of the first half, Billy Kee knocked the ball down to Crooks on the edge of the area and he fired low and hard into the bottom of the net for his third goal of the campaign to make it 2-0.

Billy Kee added his third in three games on 88 minutes after holding off the defender and firing home.

It reaffirmed Stanley’s position in the promotion spots – and this was despite the fact injuries hampered their preparation.

Firstly centre half Tom Davies, who has been a revelation this season, didn’t pass a late fitness test and sat out the game completely.

Then Stanley lost Dean Winnard to injury on 23 minutes with Joe Wright and then Liam Wakefield slotting in in defence and helping Stanley keep their third away clean sheet on the bounce.

There wasn’t much in it until Windass opened the scoring with Crawley only having scored one league goal at home this season.

Home defender  Jon Ashton scuffed his effort in a dangerous area on 10 minutes while, a minute later, keeper Freddie Woodman denied Kee.

Crooks also forced a save from Woodman but then both sides had to reshuffle their backlines.

Winnard came off injured while Kee was shown a yellow card for a tackle on Crawley skipper Ashton, which saw the home defender leave the pitch.

Crawley striker Matt Harrold fired wide in a decent position but then Stanley took charge with Windass’s spot kick and then Crooks made it two from 20 yards before half-time.

Windass could have had his second of the game after the break when he raced through but Woodman denied him with his legs.

The Crawley keeper kept out Kee ten minutes before the end but then the striker made amends by turning and scoring the third two minutes from the end.

Ten-men Crawley, relegated last season, had an effort cleared off the line near the end but they remain in the bottom two.