Dagenham celebrated a double over Stanley as the Reds remain in 17th place in League Two heading into the final game of the campaign.

Stanley went into the game on the back of a five-match unbeaten run but had manager John Coleman sat in the stands after he was given a one-match touchline ban following an altercation at Morecambe.

However, with Dagenham also safe, the Reds lacked a spark and rarely threatened home keeper Mark Cousins.

Both sides had half chances in the early stages with Shay McCartan, replacing the ill Terry Gornell, having a go but unable to get any power behind his shot while keeper Scott Davies kept out a Jodi Jones effort for Dagenham.

The Daggers took the lead in the 20th minute from a set-piece when Frankie Raymond’s corner was headed home at the far post by unmarked Matt Partridge – his first professional goal.

And they could have had a second a minute as striker Ade Yusuff got the better of the Stanley defence and Adam Buxton had to clear his strike off the line.

Winger Piero Mingoia had the final shot of the half from an angle but it was comfortable for Cousins who hadn’t had a lot to do.

It got worse for Stanley 90 seconds after the restart when  veteran striker Jamie Cureton, who had come on as a substitute just before the break, got the better of Rob Atkinson and poked the ball beyond Davies for his 19th goal of the season.

Cureton had a couple of other chances which were off-target as Dagenham went on the hunt for a third.

Stanley huffed and puffed but created little and it was three on 68 minutes when Dagenham were awarded a free kick for a foul by Atkinson on Cureton and Raymond found the back of the net from 20 yards.

Cureton should have scored a fourth when clean through but Davies did well to deny him with ten minutes to go.

However the fourth came with a minute left when Cureton got the better of the Stanley defence again and set up Jones for his first senior goal.

Stanley mustered little and the only bright spot for Coleman’s side was the introduction of Max Hazeldine for his debut on 76 minutes. The teenager recently signed a professional deal with the Reds and looked lively as he got his first taste of senior action.