Stanley’s Under 18’s continued their excellent form with a 2-1 win against Blackpool at the Storefirst Stadium on Saturday morning.

Goals from Nathan Webb and Jack Hartley made it four matches unbeaten for John Townson’s men. It may have come at a price though as left back Reagan Ogle was helped off the pitch in the second half with an ankle injury.

Stanley started the match with the confidence you would expect from a team who had won their previous three matches, including a victory against today’s opponents only two weeks ago.

Lively striker Nathan Webb carried the ball in from the right and curled a left footed shot beautifully into the top corner after only two minutes.

They were to be pegged back only a few minutes later when Blackpool won a free-kick around 30 yards out. The shot bent around the wall and bounced in front of the diving Chris Evans before nestling the bottom corner.

This didn’t seem to knock Stanley’s enthusiasm too much with Townson’s team continuing to be the chief aggressors. They couldn’t carve an opening though with only long range efforts from Dieter Downey and Jack Hartley to show for their dominance.

Hartley was the first to get a major chance on 30 minutes after a searching cross field ball from right back Wolfenden got him in behind the defence. Hartley didn’t disappoint, hitting it low and hard across the ’keeper and into the bottom corner.

A midfield battle ensued with neither goalkeeper seeing much of the ball for a long period.

Early in the second half Reagan Ogle was forced to hobble off the pitch and out of the game with a suspected ankle injury after a late challenge on him from a Blackpool forward. How long Ogle will be out for remains to be seen.

The second half was scrappy throughout with Stanley winning plenty of free kicks and corners without ever really taking advantage.

Stanley survived a scare late into the last ten minutes when a looping Blackpool header from 10 yards landed on the bar. Evans dived on to the rebound to the relief of most at the Storefirst Stadium.

The first half goals were enough for the victory in the end and Townson’s team continue their impressive preparation for the Youth Cup semi-final on the 24th.

Stanley XI: Evans, Wolfenden, Quansah, Roberts, Ogle (Smith 54), Dass (Hazeldine 56), Hickey, Downey, Hartley, Webb, Steenson

Subs: Little, Rathbone, Blackburn