Accrington Stanley Community Trust is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated individual to the full time role of Admin/Assistant NCS (National Citizen Service) Officer.
- Title: Admin/Assistant NCS Officer
- Salary: £12,675 – £14,000 (permanent contract plus pension scheme, expenses and bonuses)
- Reporting to: NCS Officer
- Location: Accrington Stanley Community Trust Offices
- Hours: 37.5 Hours per week
- Date: April 2015
- Job Summary (The main purpose of the job)
Accrington Stanley Community Trust is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated individual to the full time role of Admin/Assistant NCS (National Citizen Service) Officer. The administration part of the role sees you as a vital member of the company and as such your job will involve you supporting other members of the team. Your job is to perform your duties to enable the development staff to focus on core elements to ensure delivery of the community business plan. All responsibilities must be completed each week to continue the good reputation Accrington Stanley Community Trust has in terms of organisation. Communication between colleagues must be excellent to ensure all roles are complete. You will also be required to be involved in various projects the Trust deliver.
As part of this role you will be expected to assist with the recruitment and successful delivery of the National Citizen Service programme working closely with the NCS Officer. NCS is a programme for 16 and 17 year olds that will promote:
- A more cohesive society by mixing participants of different backgrounds
- A more responsible society by supporting the transition into adulthood for young people
- A more engaged society by enabling young people to work together to create social action projects in their local communities
The key role of the post is to market NCS to local young people, recruit and retain participants on the programme. The post will also work closely with our NCS Officer to plan, organise and deliver the induction week, residential trips, planning week and prepare the groundwork for a successful final week social action project. The successful candidate will be responsible for the administrative and all monitoring aspects of the programme in conjunction with the NCS Officer.
There is a minimum requirement for the holder to have a full valid UK driving licence with business insurance. Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work some evenings and weekends. You will also be required to work four NCS residential weeks each year with time claimed back in lieu.
- Full valid UK driving licence with business insurance and access to a suitable vehicle.
- GCSE in English and Mathematics Grade C or above
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Good Keyboard skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation.
- General Office experience.
- Being able to work as part of a team.
- Driving Licence and access to a car
- Previous experience of working with children
- Educated to degree standard
- Sports coaching qualifications
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 15th April 2015
Interview Date: WC Monday 20th April 2015
Accrington Stanley Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment. This role involves work with young people and is subject to Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks. Clearance through The FA CRB system is required. As such this post is exempt for the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the applicant must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions. Two references will also be required. Applicants will, in addition be expected to undertake training appropriate to the role.