In the final loan watch of 2014, there is a lot of action to catch up onĀ thanks to the busy Christmas schedule.

Central defender Liam Goulding has certainly had a rather eventful fortnight during his loan spell at Belper Town.

After losing 4-3 to a late goal away at Ashton United on December 20th, the Nailers decided to replace manager Jon Froggatt with Jimmy Albans in a bid to turn their fortunes around at the bottom end of the EvoStik Northern Premier Division.

There was to be no immediate impact, though, as Belper threw away a 2-0 lead at home to Ilkeston on Boxing Day. Goulding opened the scoring by volleying high into the net from a corner and the lead was doubled before the break by Robert Stevenson.

However, a ten-minute hat-trick from Robert Duffy condemned the Yellows to a 15th league defeat from 26 games, leaving them rooted to the foot of the table and eight points from safety with their game against Workington this afternoon falling foul of the weather.

Meanwhile, at Halifax, Will Hatfield has enjoyed a run of games that he was not getting at the Store First Stadium.

The midfielder has now made seven appearances for the Shaymen since joining the Conference outfit earlier this month, but they have not had a profitable Christmas period in the league with a 2-2 draw away at Gateshead followed up by a 2-0 defeat at home to Chester this afternoon.

However, there was good news for Hatfield in the FA Trophy as Halifax overcame Worcester City 1-0 in a re-arranged game to thanks to Scott Boden’s late strike to set up a home tie with Alfreton in the next round.

George Bowerman played 67 minutes for Stourbridge against Whitby Town as the Glassmen lost to a last-minute goal before the striker sat out their 1-1 draw with Halesowen Town on Boxing Day as an unused substitute.

Andrew Dawber was recalled from his loan spell at Clitheroe by Stanley due to an injury to Jack Rose but his absence did not harm the Blues, who thrashed Prescot Cables 6-0 on their own turf whilst Dawber sat on the bench for Stanley’s 1-1 draw with Wycombe.