Stanley suffered their first league defeat since John Coleman’s return, losing 2-1 to Dagenham & Redbridge at the Store First Stadium.

Manager Coleman had previously overseen three straight victories but two goals from new Dagenham signing Adam Yusuff ended that run.

Coleman made one change from last week’s victory at Mansfield, giving Lee Molyneux a starting role in place of Marcus Carver.

Stanley started the quicker of the two sides as a whipped cross from John O’Sullivan was flashed over the bar by Luke Joyce after barely a minute.

Stanley enjoyed most of the early possession but long range shots from Kal Naismith and O’Sullivan were the only chances they could create.

A powerful run down the right from Lee Molyneux lead to a shot blocked directly in front of the Dagenham goalkeeper, Mark Cousins. Rob Atkinson met the resulting corner with a header that had to be cleared off the line.

Dagenham & Redbridge grew into the game and a scrappy passage midway through the first half ended with Dagenham defender Brian Saah forcing a fingertip save from Chesterfield loanee Aaron Chapman.

Stanley eventually got the goal their play deserved in the 39th minute. John O’Sullivan ran at left back Connors and slid the ball to Kal Naismith, waiting 12 yards out. Naismith’s fluffed shot came perfectly for Sean Maguire who found the net from a tight angle.

Dagenham started the second half much brighter and a scrambled corner forced Chapman to get down quickly to preserve Stanley’s lead.

The equaliser came when substitute Yusuff cut in from the left, beating several Stanley defenders in the process, and placed a shot in the bottom corner, scoring his first goal for the Daggers.

Dagenham’s second was almost identical to their first, as Yusuff again came from the left and shot from the edge of the box, finding the same corner he had only a few minutes previously.

Stanley thought they were immediately back on level terms as Tom Aldred’s header came down off the bar but referee Jeremy Simpson waved play on.

Stanley piled the pressure on but an inspired performance from Dagenham goalkeeper Cousins kept Stanley out.
The end of the game was marred by an injury to Stanley goalkeeper Aaron Chapman, who had to be stretchered off the pitch.

Stanley: Chapman (Simpson 90), Hunt, Atkinson, Aldred, Winnard, Joyce (c), Procter, O’Sullivan, Maguire, Molyneux, Naismith (Gray 75)
Bench: McCartan, Windass, Hatfield, Carver, Barry

Dagenham & Redbridge: Cousins, Batt, Doe, Saah, Connors, Chambers, Ogogo (c), Labadie, Hemmings (Bingham 87), Cureton (Porter 70), Doidge (Yusuff 45)
Bench: O’Brien, Goldberg, Partridge, Raymond

Attendance: 1412 (77 away fans)