Accrington Stanley are urgently looking to appoint a new Senior Academy Physiotherapist.
- To lead the treatment and rehabilitation of injuries programme for ASE (apprentice U18) professional development players and Academy (U9 – U16) players involved in the ASFC Youth Development Programme and carry out related treatments associated with excellence in football.
- To follow the necessary treatment programmes for players and provide records of those treatments on the ASFC Youth Development Programme Treatment of Injuries pro-forma.
- To work closely with the Academy Manager and Coaches to keep them fully informed on the treatments, rehabilitation programmes and fitness of players.
- Maintain the player administration and attendance registers for players undergoing treatments.
- Provide a Treatments/Rehabilitation player attendance procedure and ensure all players/staff are aware of the process and procedures in order to understand the methodology in place in order to receive such treatments/rehabilitation.
- To lead medical programme for academy and oversee academy physiotherapists
- Work with Sport science (Lead/company) to oversee player programmes and input any changes
- Implement the treatment of injuries strategy for Accrington Stanley FC Academy, working closely with the Academy Manager, 1st team physiotherapist and club Doctor
- Monitor players and report their progress on a regular basis, completing the relevant report forms.
- To ensure that players are provided with the full range of treatments in the aid to recovery and return to full fitness.
- Manage the treatments programme within the parameters of the Club Codes of Conduct and Policies and Procedures on the treatment and management of injuries.
- MAIN DUTIES/KEY ACTIVITIES
- To be a member of the Academy management team, perform functions within that role and feedback to department
- Maintain all registers and complete the specific Treatment of Injuries records for all players attending for treatment or diagnosis.
- Deliver the treatment programmes associated with excellence using the required methods that meet the needs of all players.
- Provide parents/guardians and players with relevant information in order that they are fully aware of the treatment programme and what is required to aid and return to full fitness.
- Be actively involved in developing and enhancing the treatment and management of injuries programme, associated with players involved in a programme of excellence.
- To provide up to date reporting of all player monitoring to the Academy Manager.
- Provide an input into the development of annual budgets and targets for the Youth Management Team by working closely with the Academy Manager and Head of Physiotherapy
- To analyse and review the treatment and management of injuries programme on a regular basis in order to adapt the programme to meet specific player and squad needs.
- To provide reports to the Academy Manager on the players who have undergone treatment and rehabilitation on their progress and games performance when returning from injury/treatment.
- Attend Coaching Staff Meeting as scheduled.
- Maintain qualifications to the minimum requirements: Chartered Physiotherapist; First Aid at Work / Emergency Aid; FA Safeguarding Children Certificate; FA CRB check. FA Basic First Aid for Sport
- To enhance and develop qualifications to meet the demands and needs of the Academy Development Programme.
- Attend professional development (Academy) games as first line physiotherapist.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful physiotherapist will meet the minimum qualification requirements and will have experience of delivering treatments and rehabilitative programmes to young players associated with an Academy programme of excellence. The physiotherapist must be hard working, committed, enthusiastic and willing to work unsociable hours that include evenings and weekends. They will possess strong communication skills and have the ability to liaise with all levels of personnel associated with a Professional Football Club.
The successful physiotherapist will be outgoing, approachable, personable, presentable and professional in all aspects of their work, aware that they are representatives of the Accrington Stanley Football Club.
Please send all CV’s (Inc. a covering letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org