Accrington Stanley had a winner within our Futsal Education Scholarships last month with Brandon Cocker, a second year student, winning student of the month out of every student in the country on similar courses.
“Brandon is deserved winner of February’s student of the month award. As our A team goalkeeper and A team captain he is a leader and sets a superb example to the rest of the squad members. His effort both on and off the pitch is constantly inspired. Brandon plays a crucial part in a range of our community programmes. Regularly volunteering for our after school sessions and leading our goalkeeping academy on a Tuesday night. Brandon has shown himself to be a real asset to our Futsal course at Accrington Stanley and he is currently top of our education league table as he is regularly first to complete his work which is often at merit and distinction level.”
“If Brandon continues in the way he has been he should achieve his target grade of D*D*D, though he is very self-motivating and assures me he will finish with D*D*D*! Education does not come easily to Brandon when he was at school he really struggled, he works really hard to understand each topic and sets out with a great attitude towards his work. Brandon has 100% attendance and has not been late so far this year at all. His hard work has paid off as he has received offers from all the universities he applied to and he is likely to study Sports Business in September.” Allan Phillipson, Tutor
Congratulations to Brandon who has won £50 worth of vouchers courtesy of 3Genuines clothing.
We are still recruiting students for next years in take starting in September 2014. If you are a current year 11 with an interest in sport then this could be the course for you.
What is the Course?
• Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma in Sport – Equivalent to 3 A-Levels.
• Full time 2 year course based at Accrington Stanley Football Club.
• 12 hours of education per week.
• 4/8 hours of Futsal per week including training and matches.
• Available to males aged 16, 17 or 18 who have achieved their GCSE’s.
• A minimum of 4 GCSE’s or equivalent at C or above. Special dispensation may be available to people who don’t quite achieve this.
• Routes into University or foundation degrees
• Potentially undertake coaching and refereeing qualifications
• Work experience opportunities in the Sport and Leisure industry
• The opportunity of becoming a Futsal player and playing in the FA Futsal National League
• Fixtures versus other Futsal clubs such as Blackpool, Morecambe, Preston and Carlisle
• Professional coaching by Accrington Stanley coaches
• Become part of Accrington Stanley Football Club, represent the club and study at the Stadium
• Free entry to watch the 1st team play in league matches at The Store First Stadium
If you are interested in this programme or would like more information please visit www.stanleytrust.co.uk or email us on email@example.com