After the 1st team’s win over Bristol Rovers last week, this Tuesday will see Stanley’s Youth side try and complete a Bristol double when they face Bristol City in the FA Youth Cup 4th Round.

The game will be played at the Store First Stadium and will be a 7.00pm kick-off – admission prices are £5 for adults and £3 for concession and £1 for accompanied under 12’s.

The Robins come into the game sitting 5th in the U18 Professional Development League 2 and they have started 2014 with a 2-0 win over Brighton followed up with a 2-2 draw against a Swansea City side that sit 9th from 10 in the league table.

Meanwhile, Stanley are still displaying good form suffering only one defeat in the last ten games. The young Reds currently sit 9th in the table although only six points separate 6th and 13th so that position could easily of changed depending on results from this weekend, including Stanley’s trip to Carlisle who sit two points and three places behind the Reds.

Stanley have reached the 4th round courtesy of wins against Carlisle, Ilkeston and West Ham in previous rounds and they’ll be hoping that their cup run has still got a way to go if they can overturn Bristol City.

The first round victory against Carlisle came back in November when the Reds hosted the Borderers at the Store First Stadium. Stanley came from a goal behind but eventually ran out 3-1 winners with goals from Dalian Barker, Max Hazeldine and Connor Mahoney to set up an away trip to Ilkeston in the next round.

The second round game with Ilkeston came two weeks after the first round win over Carlisle and the FA Youth Cup run was allowed to continue after a solitary goal from Nathan Webb to send Stanley into the 3rd round.

Premier League West Ham arrived at the Store First Stadium for the 3rd round in a game which would certainly test the quality of the young Reds. Stanley took the lead early in the second half and it was the 2nd round hero Webb who got the goal with a stylish overhead kick. An injury time equaliser from the Hammers sent the tie in to extra time but it would be Stanley who prevailed as winners. A Keelan Steenson corner was headed back across goal by Barker and the Youth team’s leading scorer Hazeldine was on hand to send the Reds into the 4th round.

Bristol City’s route to the 4th round began with a 3-0 win over Newport in the 1st round but they faced a much sterner test in the next round. The Robins made a trip to Burgess Hill Town and needed extra time to settle the tie eventually running out 2-0 winners to set up a 3rd round clash with Brentford. City’s 3rd round tie against Brentford saw the Robins use home advantage and overturn the Bees in a 1-0 win to set up the trip to Accrington on Tuesday night.

As always we are extremely grateful of your support and we look forward to a crowd similar to that of the West Ham game in the previous round. If you can’t make the game we’ll have live match updates on our official twitter feed, @ASFCyouth.