Accrington Stanley youth secured a fifth round trip to Reading with a comfortable 4-1 victory over Bristol City in the FA Youth Cup.

The unstoppable Max Hazeldine ensured Stanley continued their remarkable cup campaign with a magnificent hat-trick.

Captain Liam Goulding also got on the score-sheet on a night that will be long remembered by all at the club.

Stanley got off to the best possible start as Keenan Quansah headed the ball into the path of Hazeldine and he finished the job knocking the ball over the outrushing Max O’Leary in the Bristol goal to give the hosts the lead.

Lively winger Ben Withey began to pull the strings for the visitors forcing Kieran Wolland to save at his feet and full-back Daniel Hennigan cleared his close-range effort off the line moments later.

A combination of Dieter Downey and James Jenkins came close to a second but O’Leary recovered to catch the looping effort.

Bristol should have been level when they counter-attacked a Stanley corner and found themselves four-on-two, but Wolland was the Reds’ saviour keeping out Jamie Horgan at full stretch down to his right.

Accrington increased their lead to two on the 37th minute when Jenkins drove down the left channel and drew a free-kick from Pierce Mitchell.

Hazeldine’s inswinger was delivered with perfection evading the incoming stampede and nestling in the bottom corner.

The second-half burst into life after only 40 seconds as Joe Morrell slid Bishop through the heart of the Stanley back line and the number nine made no mistake from ten-yards.

Morrell was causing problems a minute later as he wriggled away from two challenges before Luke Greaves brought him down 20-yards from goal.

The midfielder picked himself up and dusted himself off before blasting over the crossbar.

Stanley responded on the 53rd minute when Hazeldine’s free-kick was flicked on by Quansah and smashed towards goal hard and low by ¬†Goulding as he restored his sides two goal lead.

Jamie Horgan cut in from the left onto his favoured right foot as he attempted to start the Bristol revival but Wolland was equal to it.

Horgan fed goalscorer Bishop but Wolland was quickly off his line to thwart the danger before making a fine save to keep out Liam Monelle from three-yards.

Substitute Jack Hartley nearly produced a moment of magic as he danced between two defenders and curled an effort agonisingly wide of the upright.

Hazeldine dealt the killer blow on the 83rd minute when he rounded off an excellent evening with a goal to complete his hat-trick.

The attacker picked up the ball inside his own half before dribbling the whole length of the pitch and executing a sublime finish past the helpless O’Leary.

Hartley continued to be a menace down the right hand side as he arrowed a shot narrowly past the near post but it was already game, set and match as the Reds’ academy continue to reach new heights.

Bury youth are the next up for the youngsters this Saturday, with the date with Reading still yet to be confirmed.