Stanley youth recorded a remarkable victory on a memorable night at the Store First stadium beating West Ham United youth by two goals to one.

Max Hazeldine scored the winning goal with only four minutes to spare after Jamie Harney sent the game to extra-time with a 92nd minute equaliser.

A nervy start from Stanley showed as goalkeeper Kieran Wolland lost his footing inside two minutes but recovered saving down low from Djar Parfitt-WIlliams’ shot.

Moments later Kieran Bywater played in Jordan Brown and Wolland saved and held at the second attempt.

Jack Hartley beat his marker to head over a Daniel Hennigan cross as the hosts began to settle into the game.

Captain Liam Goulding sold his ‘keeper short with a backpass and it nearly proved costly as Brown was closing down, but Wolland did just enough to clear the danger.

The visitors continued to keep possession and overlapping left-back Lewis Page fired an effort wide on 20 minutes.

Dieter Downey, full of confidence from his 25-yard blockbuster goal on Saturday, fired a dipping volley over the crossbar.

Kevin Knoyle had a deflected effort sent looping over the ‘bar, and Amos Nasha floated in the resulting corner that was flicked towards his own goal by Luke Greaves but Nathan Webb was on hand to clear the danger.

West Ham continued to attack down the flanks and Knoyle crossed for Brown but Greaves bravely got his body in the way of the shot.

James Jenkins came short for the ball and beat two defenders before drawing a foul at the edge of the penalty area.

Downey’s brilliant delivery only needed the slightest of touches to convert but it evaded the arriving cavalry.

Two minutes before half-time Brown cut in from the right but his sliced shot trickled out for a goalkick.

The Hammers came firing out of the blocks after the break and should have taken the lead within 15 seconds when Parfitt-Williams had a free-header 10-yards out but he couldn’t direct it between the sticks.

A sublime over-head kick from Webb gave Stanley a shock lead on the 48th minute.  Hartley’s cross from the right was flicked towards the back-post where the goalscorer was lurking and he finished in style.

The Reds looked to extend their lead and midfield duo Nathan Hudson and Downey linked up well in the laying off Hartley who struck an effort straight down the goalkeepers throat.

Some great pressing from Jenkins forced the West Ham defence into a mistake and Webb looked to have a great opportunity to double his tally from six-yards but the referee spotted an infringement in the build-up.

Substitute Kealan Steenson’s 30-yard pile-driver took a wicked deflection leaving the goalkeeper stranded but unfortunately landed on the roof of the net.

Against the run of play the visitors showed why they are such a feared side striking a cruel blow in the 92nd minute when Harney got a free header from a corner to send the game into extra-time.

Bywater started the onslaught of away pressure as he looked to add to his tally of 13 goals this season firing wide on the turn.  The midfielder then curled a dangerous free-kick past the post before Daniel Hennigan made a superb tackle to deny him tapping in from two-yards.

A teasing Max Hazeldine free-kick was a yard too much for the arriving Goulding and it ran its way out for a goalkick.

Stannley stood strong again when Wolland made a couple of smart saves to keep out Bywater, before Harney looked to have scored his second of the game but his tantalising effort landed wide of the upright on the 104th minute.

Greaves was at his very best all evening and his sliding tackle on Brown minutes after the switch around showed just why he was awarded man-of-the-match denying the attacker a free shot on goal.

The defining moment arrived on the 116th minute when Hazeldine scrambled the ball over the line after Barker flicked Steenson’s corner into his path.

Wolland had to be switched on up to the very last minute throwing himself down low to keep out a Brown header than looked destined for the bottom corner.

There were unsavoury scenes after the final whistle when Knoyle was given a straight red card but it is unclear what the offence was.

This victory extends Stanley’s unbeaten run to eight games in all competitions and sends the visitors home with their first loss in ten.